The Best Locations and Tips from local Newton family photographer
- It is essential to schedule the date of your shoot a minimum of one week prior. Reach out to all members of your party to confirm the exact date and time to ensure everyone will be present, reducing the chances of any surprises. Last minute bookings work as well.
- Decide on a time that works best for you. Every hour of the day has its unique benefits, and I am here to guide you through it all. Depending on your location, it may be ideal to commence the shoot at different times.
- Select the wardrobe and style you will be going for. I understand that it may sometimes be challenging to select an outfit, so if you need any help or recommendations, do not hesitate to reach out; I will be more than happy to help.
- Relax, and enjoy your time.
The next step, and probably the most important one, is deciding the best location for you and your family to take photos. The decision ranges depending on the type of style you are going for. There are many places, but I have listed here a few of my personal favorites here.
1. Larz Anderson Park, Brookline, MA
Larz Anderson is a beautiful park filled with nature. It contains everything from wooded areas to lakes and waterfronts. There are bridges and concrete structures that overlook the water. I have found that taking photos here have always turned out great, and it is perfect for your classic nature family picture. The park is Newton and it’s easy to drive there if you live in Brookline, Wellesley, Needham, and Boston
2. Millennium Park, West Roxbury, MA
Millennium Park is a lovely nature preserve in West Roxbury, a neighboring town to Newton. It is filled with secluded trails and acres of field. The courses can act as a great background to any photo and provide an adventurous look if that is what you are looking for.
3. Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University, Boston, MA
The Arnold Arboretum is the oldest public arboretum in North America and the largest territory for the photoshoot with a lot of different landscapes and parts. The flower-filled scenery capacitating the park adds for a gorgeous spring look with a summer feel. It contains many trails that blaze through the green grass surrounded by trees.
4. Boston College, Newton MA
Boston College is a prestigious institution located in Newton, MA. With its unique architecture dating back to 1863, there are plenty of opportunities for your family photos. Unlike many parks that I have listed, selecting this location adds a more urban look as it contains more buildings and structures.
Again, feel free to reach out to me if you would like to schedule a free consultation and discuss how I can best meet your needs as your Newton family photographer. I hope that we can work together soon!
– Alex Gordias.